7 Aug 2012

Oral Health



I recently stumbled upon a blog called Wellness Mama and I am addicted, Katie has everything you need to know about living a healthy life and I recommend you give it a read. This post is inspired by her post's on Oral Wellness.

I have been using these for a little over a year now and I love them, using these actually makes me want to brush my teeth regularly and they are no different from plastic ones so the transition was easy.

From this post on Wellness Mama, apparently using activated charcoal to brush teeth with actually helps to whiten them. I am yet to try it but am going to buy some this week and see how I go. I can't wait to see the results.

I am yet to try this also as I don't have all the ingredients but it's a simple recipe that I do hope to make soon.

Again, I haven't tried this recipe...yet, but I am curious as i've never used a tooth powder before. 

I love to use this for Oil Pulling, which if you are unaware, is where you swish 15ml of oil (preferably organic, cold pressed oil) around in your mouth for 20 minutes first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything. This has numerous health benefits, and is especially good for gum disease and general dental health. Since doing this I have noticed my gums don't bleed as much when I brush and my teeth aren't as sensitive. More detailed information on this here.

Another thing I read about on Wellness Mama, this is a blend of essential oils specially formulated to kill bacteria in the mouth. 

Over the next few weeks I will purchase the things I need to make these recipes and I will do before and after shots of my teeth. 

Other than these tips, a diet of healthy, organic wholefoods and avoiding fluoride will help to keep your teeth and gums healthy.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award, http://rolasfountainofyouth.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-blog-award-recipient.html. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis